A simpler life than usual
NomadX’s CTO Obie Fernandez is on a global (digital) nomading adventure. And, he’s staying for free on his journey while he earns a living by coding, running his multiple tech businesses, DJing and producing music. You might wonder how can he travel and live for free?
Obie has discovered a relatively new, yet old school type of nomad experience called WorkAway.info https://www.workaway.info/.
It’s a simple platform to use, affordable and a great way to get out of the city and into nature. The platform has a network of ~40,000 work away opportunities in 178 countries.
According to Workaway.info, it’s a site set up to promote fair exchange and friendship as well as volunteering and work opportunities. Connecting culture seekers, budget travellers and language learners with families, individuals or organisations that are looking for help with a range of varied and interesting activities. Find and contact other like minded travellers across the globe.
The philosophy of the company is simple:
A few hours honest help per day in exchange for food & accommodation and an opportunity to meet others. Learn about local lifestyles and communities, with friendly hosts in varying situations and surroundings. We also promote paid work positions for hosts looking for extra help with their businesses.
The business seeks to:
– promote cultural understanding between different peoples and lands throughout the world.
– enable those travelling on a limited budget to fully appreciate living in a foreign environment.
– promote the exchange between people from different nationalities, and give a chance for — Workawayers to contribute to a cause.
– enable language learners to experience different countries and immerse themselves in their target language whilst living abroad.
– give projects around the world opportunities to receive support from skilled helpers allowing a real and immediate impact on their ventures.
– enable travellers to find paid positions to help them to continue to fund their travels.
– enable like-minded travellers to connect and meet, wherever they are in the world.
According to Obie’s journals Work Away is exceeding his expectations and he’s currently loving life at Canestrello, Michael and Martina’s vegan hobby farm on top of a hill overlooking crisp verdant valleys in Umbria, Italy. Obie chronicles his recent adventures below. Maybe you’d like to try it too!???
NOMADX is a real estate technology platform developed to meet the needs of the rapidly growing global community of location-independent remote workers, or “Digital Nomads”.
As Digital Nomads ourselves, we know what the market is looking for: trusted, affordable accommodations in highly-attractive locations worldwide at 45% less than AirBNB. We also offer educational masterclasses to help master the lifestyle as well as community events to help foster new friendships.
Please join our community of Digital Nomads and remote workers from around the world:
Facebook Group: Support Community for Remote Workers
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Dave Williams is the CEO and Co-founder of NOMADX with his base in Lisbon, Portugal. Dave is a US pioneer in the digital marketing, advertising, and ad tech industries as a serial digital entrepreneur over the past 20+ years with multiple exits in the early formative stages of the search engine marketing, social media, and ad tech industries.