Why We Are Launching The Virtual Exstatic Dance?
At NomadX, we promote remote work and have been since 2017. We know the world can be remote, and now we are excited to show you how we will lead the charge.
It is our mission to connect remote workers across the globe and to promote a healthy, remote lifestyle. NomadX is launching the first of several upcoming initiatives to embrace your new remote lifestyle with: the Virtual Exstatic Dance.
On Friday, March 27th, at 11:00am (Portuguese time) we invite you to join 20 DJs from around the world – Canada, France, Spain, Indonesia, United States, Russia – and take part in 24 hours of live music built to make you dance!
What is NomadX about?
- One of our first priorities is Health and Wellness in our personal and professional lives. At NomadX, we stand for a healthy conscious lifestyle and we support activities to help make the most of our individual potential.
- We believe a strong, diverse and inclusive Community working together can shape a better world. We want to give the chance to everyone to share their passion and help to face challenges even in tough times.
- Since NomadX is all about remote working, we believe in the power of sharing to achieve the highest levels of connection.
This is why the Virtual eXstatic Dance (#VED) is a great way to come together and make memorable memories.
What this Event Means to NomadX?
The Virtual Exstatic Dace (#VED) is the first virtual dance party in which all participants connect via video. Our goal is three-fold:
- To create a platform for artists who have felt the impacts of the coronavirus outbreak and have had their events canceled, and who might be quarantined themselves, to connect to their audience and share their gifts;
- To show that it is possible to handle this situation with sincerity without losing the essence of what makes us human;
- And to allow Remote Workers and anyone on this earth to connect visually, musically, through dance.
Why eXstatic Dance?
Whether you are new or experienced in this new era of the dancing environment, join the growing spiritual movement. It’s for people from all ages and backgrounds.
Ecstatic dance (or as we call it, ‘eXstatic dance’) is a form of dance in which you freely move and abandon yourself to the rhythm until you get to a feeling of extreme freedom and ecstasy, without the need to take any drugs or drink. You dance with your whole body, stretching, jumping, spinning and smiling.
The original concept of ecstatic dancing is when people unite around a set of music, usually a 2-hour DJ set, and dance under certain principles:
- It’s a no-drug event: the goal is to promote being in our bodies and expressing ourselves in our natural state;
- It’s a no-talking event: the goal is to have an individual experience. The same applies to our virtual eXstatic dance, in which participants will see each other, but will remain muted;
- It’s a non-judgmental event: we accept each other as we are. No judgment should be made on the way we dance or move.
And all of that with the final objective to allow one to express whatever they want to come out. We are human beings and have the right to be connected to ourselves, to our bodies, and to our emotions. We should have the right to express ourselves in respectful manners, to explore the boundaries of our bodies and of our own beings.
The eXstatic dance is meant to be authentically ourselves. And now, we are taking the concept virtually.
Join us on Friday
The Virtual Exstatic Dance (#VED) a way to show that we can be united, with ourselves and others, even when confined to our homes.
This is also the opportunity to connect with others we don’t know yet: to cross our own boundaries, to overcome our cultural differences, and to connect on our fundamental similarity that we are all one mankind.
This Friday’s #VED event is just the first edition of many and we expect this movement just to grow. If you want to participate or support the initiative, please contact us directly.
And for anyone who hasn’t yet: register on the event page at www.exstaticdance.com and share it with your friends.
The world can be united. Let’s show how.
NOMADX is a real estate technology platform developed to meet the needs of the rapidly growing global community of location-independent remote workers, or “Digital Nomads”.
As Digital Nomads ourselves, we know what the market is looking for: trusted, affordable accommodations in highly-attractive locations worldwide at 50% less than AirBNB. We also offer educational masterclasses to help master the lifestyle as well as community events to help foster new friendships.
Please join our community of Digital Nomads and remote workers from around the world:
Facebook Group: Support Community for Remote Workers
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Dave Williams is the CEO and Co-founder of NOMADX with his base in Lisbon, Portugal. Dave is a US pioneer in the digital marketing, advertising, and ad tech industries as a serial digital entrepreneur over the past 20+ years with multiple exits in the early formative stages of the search engine marketing, social media, and ad tech industries.